(Big Bear Lake, CA – February 11, 2010) – Bear Mountain is offering a dose of the Olympic Spirit as they unveil the only Superpipe available in Southern California. This 18-feet high, 580-feet long and 65-foot wide competition-class pipe is now open to all skiers and snowboarders who visit Bear Mountain. In addition to the opening of this massive pipe, Bear Mountain’s Park is getting a serious facelift as the park development crew makes use of more than five feet of fresh snow to build a variety of great new features.
“Bear Mountain’s Superpipe is a big attraction, drawing snowboarders and skiers from all over the region who want to feel what it’s like to ride a pipe just like the USA Olympic Team,” said Chris Riddle, Director of Marketing for Big Bear Mountain Resorts. “This impressive feature gives seasoned riders a chance to channel their inner-Olympian and spectators an up close look at an X-Games-worthy pipe. If you aren’t quite ready for the Superpipe, but you want the experience, we also have a mini-pipe for the more intermediate level riders.”
“Every year we anticipate the opening of Bear Mountain’s Superpipe,” said Bear Mountain team rider, Scott Vine. “There is nothing like dropping into a freshly cut pipe. It’s pretty unreal that a world-class style pipe is available in sunny Southern California every winter.”
Bear Mountain and Snow Summit are having an epic season with record snowfall and a base of over 6 feet. Offering a variety of diverse terrain, Bear Mountain and Snow Summit provide skiers and snowboarders with a combined 438 developed acres, 26 lifts, including 4 high-speed detachable quads, and more than 55 runs.
To receive updates on the latest conditions and terrain information, text* “SNOW” to 52406 or call 800-BEAR-MTN or 888-SUMMIT-1. *Message and data rates may apply. To view updated videos, photos and terrain maps, log on to www.bearmountain.com or www.snowsummit.com.
- Snow Conditions -Regularly updated snow conditions for the mountains of Southern California. Check out the latest conditions at Bear Mountain, Snow Summit, Snow Valley, Mount Baldy, Mountain Hi and Mammoth Mountain.
- California Snowboard pre-2006 – A compilation of snowboarding videos. Music by Modest Mouse – Dashboard. Hope you enjoy it.Related BlogsRelated Blogs on.
- SNOWBOARDING NORTHERN CALIFORNIA – Snowboarding California is looking Good this winter, especially Snowboarding northern California. This winter you can snowboard in northern California at the following locations,Alpine meadow ski area,badger pass ski area,bear valley …
- california snowboard resorts | Snowboard720 – Where Snowboarders Come Full-Circle Again height: auto; overflow: visible; margin: 0px; text-indent: 0px; letter-spacing: normal; word-spacing: normal; padding: 0px; text-align: center; vertical-align: top; display: block; float: none; clear: both; background: transparent; font-size: 9. Burton Custom Detox Orange L snowboard bindings NEW ’08 $ 114. Silence City Freeride Snowboard 163 Wide NEW in wrapper $ 89.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Snowboarding’s visionary likes what he sees (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- ‘Cheap Ski Movie’ Pokes Fun at Ski Film Genre (abcnews.go.com)
- Intermap Technologies Brings the Terrain of the Whistler-Blackcomb Ski Resort to iPhone Owners with AccuTerra App (eon.businesswire.com)